Monday 15 August 2016

Doddington Hall Bienial Sculpture Exhibition. (Preview images)

Today we visited the Doddington Hall Sculpture Exhibition.  The hall is in Lincolnshire and the sculpture exhibition is a biennial event.
I took a lot of photographs of the sculptures, here are just a few of them.

This dragon on the lawn was initially just a wickerwork sculpture and then visitors were invited
to decorate it with snippets of coloured cloth from the basket by the tree.

I really do hope no-one is offended by this image.  I thought
the sculpture was rather amusing, I call it "The Show-off"!!


This is a detail from a full sized statue of the celebrated 18th century English landscape gardener
Lancelot Capability Brown. 
He was nicknamed "Capability" because he would tell his clients that their property had "capability" for improvement.

Three images in bronze of this lovely horse.




It'll take me some time to go through all the images from today's visit but I'll get them onto the blog soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment